In addition to the basic steps that most revaluation companies take to comply with the Division of Taxation requirements, Realty Appraisal Company provides the following quality control steps beyond the basic requirements:
- Checks every line item in the tax list with the tax map to verify address and lot size, and to be sure every lot is accounted for.
- Overlays the zoning districts on the land value map.
- Verifies every recent property sale from county documents (SR1A) for usability and transaction names.
- Allocates field work to insure that developments are listed by one or two persons only.
- Drives neighborhood to check completed inspection forms for accuracy and internal consistency.
- Visits dwellings to confirm property owner satisfaction with field inspection.
Researches condominium master deeds and amendments.
- Investigate sale and rental listings, both from Multiple Listing Service and on-site signs.
- Verify commercial property sales with transaction participants.
- Obtain a list of pending and approved site plan applications from municipal planning boards.
- Review income and expense statements submitted by owners of income producing properties to verify building age and compare leased spaces with total building area; check for relationship of tenant and landlord, determine economic rent for similar properties.
- Assemble and utilize database on sales, rents and listings of residential, vacant land, and commercial properties.
- Drive entire municipality at end to visually check accuracy of every property record card, consider exterior influences and confirm values.